The Black Market.
Bonks

The Black Market's Civil War

In recent weeks, we've seen a tad more people get on The Black Market, and we've seen a tad more people start hating things about it. Yesterday I went zip lining for the day, and apparently this gave those people an opportunity to trash talk Ryuke and me. I've always been defensive for The Black Market as I see it as a haven of friends with the occasional douchebag to mess with you. I feel like I should mention the people who hate RC5, Ryuke, and anybody who defends either of those two.

Hatrix trashed talked on RC5 and Ryuke for being selfish for taking the control of making the map.

HoneyHam apparently states that Ryuke and his map is absolute shit, and I'm a "dumbnigger" for defending thee.

Evangelatin_ stated the same as Hatrix and apparently went onto changing the map from RC5 to RC3 after complaints from people in The Black Market.

This brings me to question, how in the hell is this going to work out? Why in the hell is RC5 a bad map design (other than the cars)? Are people really thinking TF2 is dying just because Hatrix points out little reasons? Who would make the map, run free and rewarding events, if we got rid of Ryuke, one of the rare admins running and helping the server? What can I do about it, and what will you? Do people really need to be such soulless assholes? (Except you Deer, we know how your brain works.)

In recent weeks, we've seen a tad more people get on The Black Market, and we've seen a tad more people start hating things about it. Yesterday I went zip lining for the day, and apparently this gave those people an opportunity to trash talk Ryuke and me. I've always been defensive for The Black Market as I see it as a haven of friends with the occasional douchebag to mess with you. I feel like I should mention the people who hate RC5, Ryuke, and anybody who defends either of those two.

Hatrix trashed talked on RC5 and Ryuke for being selfish for taking the control of making the map.

HoneyHam apparently states that Ryuke and his map is absolute shit, and I'm a "dumbnigger" for defending thee.

Evangelatin_ stated the same as Hatrix and apparently went onto changing the map from RC5 to RC3 after complaints from people in The Black Market.

This brings me to question, how in the hell is this going to work out? Why in the hell is RC5 a bad map design (other than the cars)? Are people really thinking TF2 is dying just because Hatrix points out little reasons? Who would make the map, run free and rewarding events, if we got rid of Ryuke, one of the rare admins running and helping the server? What can I do about it, and what will you? Do people really need to be such soulless assholes? (Except you Deer, we know how your brain works.)

Bonks, you clearly care for the server. It's evident, but these are minor things your getting on about.

What you don't seem to understand is people are entitled to their opinions, whether they be positive or negative.

If a majority of people are complaining about RC5, and Evan noticed that, he has every right as a moderator to keep the people happy and change the map back to RC3. (That's the reason why it's still on the maplist)

Just take a chill pill Bonks, there is no "Civil War" on TBM.

I lol'd. Working on a new version of the map anyhow, gonna see about adding a switch for cars and the roofs, "Tryhard Mode", but with all the new zones I'm adding that are "Funhard mode" I just may make that standard.

Funhard mode: Everybody wins chutes and ladders! Jump maps! Kart maps!

Eh, people are gonna have their opinions. There's not much you can do about that.

I'm just happy that we have a unique map that other servers don't seem to have. It makes it more fun and enjoyable to be on rather than those stupid minecraft maps...

P.S The cars are honestly my favorite addition to the map haha

Alrighty, let's start this shitfest. You wanna call me out Bonks? Let's have it out. Let's start with your personal problem with me. I've come to muting you in server because of your buttfuck obssession with insulting me the entire time for literally no reason. Literally every single person in TBM has told me in steam chat that all you do is constantly insult me over the microphone. I, of course, can't hear it and don't care to. You've shittalked on me the entire time since I've been back from my hiatus. You're literally cancer on this server, you've turned into an even worse version of Warlock and Thokity's baby. You have zero fucking reason. The server crash that I instigated was a legitimate accident, so unscrew that turn-base dildo you've got stuck up your ass out. You have contributed /nothing/ to this community except attempting to ride whoever is admin at the time's cock, which is pretty damn annoying within itself. I've been here longer than Ryuke, you have no right to be such a whiny little bitch and attempt to get me removed from the community which I've helped build a time ago. Now onto your misguided little comment here.

Oh yes, I did trashtalk RC5. The side stores look like Ryuke took five minutes to make and texture them in Hammer. Everyone knows that. I'm not the first person to say that, nor will I be the last. The selfish comment was a joke, stating that Ryuke loves to puff and sting pyro, therefore opened the roof up for ambushes from above. Stop taking every fucking thing out of everyone's mouth so literally, you autist. Maybe if you stopped writing down what hurt your feelings in your diary for one minute, you'd be able to take context into account and see that it was a joke.

RC5 is a bad map design. Resin himself said not to open up the roof. It's so focused on "Bigger is better!" when we all put in thousands of hours on RC3 and loved it. There's nothing wrong with the cars, I like those. The fact that the map is now a shitfest of people camping the roof elevator spawn, people generally spawncamping, people having too many place to hide, Ryuke completely fucking up the pool so that there's no reason to go in there in the first place, this is all what makes it a bad map. It's literally cancer.

As for the "one of the rare admins running and helping the server", running =/= helping. We used to have a FULL, count it, FULL server every single day. The best we can muster up now is your autistic ass running around, insulting, whining, crying to admins for help because someone beat you up for your lunch money. I mean shit, maybe if we ban you, people will come back. Just a thought.

What can you do about it? Nothing, like usual.

Do people really need to be souless asshole? Have you met me before? I mean for fucks sake.

Now onto Ryuke. You've shitted the map up man. It's cancer. It's garbage. Everyone agrees with me. You've made it too open, literally defecated music files all over the map that just straight up annoy people. We switched it back to RC3 last night and we actually got damn near a full server again. The only time people get on anymore is when Big Daddy Warbucks Ryuke gets on to give free stuff out. You're running the community into the ground while people here think anything new is "progress". Quality is more important than quantity here. Put your own little touches on the map, cool, whatever, put the Hover Pyro on the wall, make your graffiti, you're the one working on it. It's all good. The sealed off soccer arena is a good idea, spectator arenas are good. Why in Gaben's name did you have to completely fuck up the pool? Nobody goes in there anymore. Why are the spawns so damn open? It's a shitfest to get out of spawn now, people build sentry guns and all that other shit in front of the doors.

Alright, we had it out? We done with hitting each other? Now kiss and make up. Except you Bonks. I don't want your mouth herpes.

Hey Folks,

Figure I should probably put my 2 cents in here. As others have mentioned, opinions. Running a server is no easy task, let alone having our own map to accompany it. For years I pandered to the community's endless wants and needs, it's extremely tiring. You're never going to please everyone.

Which brings me to my next point, our staff. TBM started and was run for years on my ideals, and by my friends. Each admin we bring on board is taught how we handle situations, and I from there I hope no conflict arises. It happens however, most recently between Ryuke and Hatrix. To keep this simple, all I ask of my Slumlords is to treat the server, community, and each other with respect. I haven't hosted this server for years on my own dime for endless dick measuring contests.

Please bring any disagreements/conflicts to this forum, and I'll middle man them as always.

Have fun out there,

Resin_

EDIT: Looks like Hatrix beat me to a response here. I'm not taking sides, just want to share my opinion. I don't know Bonks, so I'm not going to get into hating on anyone. If he truly is as bad as Hatrix makes out then he is entitled to his own opinion, but this isn't how the situation should be handled. We handle toxic players internally, and have a pretty extensive banlist to show for it. As for what trade_alley has become, I would no longer call it my work. I mean no offence to Ryuke who is quite new to Hammer, but the consistent standards I built trade_alley upon are long gone. Is this a bad thing? That's debatable. Has he completely murdered the map's theme? Yes. Is he learning a cool tool and adding more trade server related content? Yes. In the end, we both took a different approach to mapping; which is pretty darn common. I personally appreciate the (free) time he has devoted to the community, and has been nothing but respectful to me. I have nothing against Hatrix either, and I hope that these concerns can be squashed so we can get back to enjoying video games. I consider myself lucky to have met everyone I have, and been able to give people a place they can call home in TF2 for over 5 years.

Edited by Resin_

Roofs were made open because after the one of those rc4 updates didn't have any clip brushes in people clamored for them to be open. Now that everybody has their fun it's gonna be locked back up. Already mostly dealt with in my current version of rc5c.

The cars are annoying when you're trying to deathmatch someone, they don't make enough noise so that you can tell when they're coming, i have to parent a sound emitting device to the top of them that turns on when they're moving and I'll need to balance the car paths so it isn't just a deathtrap to stand near the empty hallways.

As far as the music files are concerned, yeah, they're a bit too loud in the current revision, in the next they're a lot more subtle except in the club, where you wouldn't expect to be able to hear yourself think.

Pool had to be redesigned to make room for the pawn shop and to fix the reflection from the bathroom mirrors, the reflections off of the pool water is the issue, when I tried replacing it with a different kind of water texture it didn't go over. In my opinion the only reason to go into the pool was to hang out and get deathtrapped, since there was no way out of there.

It's a shitfest to get out of spawn now, people build sentry guns and all that other shit in front of the doors.

But it's literally impossible to build a sentry not on your side of the map? Don't understand this one.

As far as personal issues go, I don't have a personal issue with you, only a professional one. Regardless of whether or not it was on purpose you crashed us right before an event was going to start. Nobody wants to go to a server that seems like it can't handle the stress of having 15 people on it, even if that isn't the case. As long as this was a one time thing I don't have any real objection to you being reinstated.

P.S. Yes, those new stores aren't done :P

Edited by Ryuke

But it's literally impossible to build a sentry not on your side of the map? Don't understand this one.

My mistake, we were playing multiple versions of the map, lost track of which one is which. One version has no build restrictions.

As far as the music files are concerned, yeah, they're a bit too loud in the current revision, in the next they're a lot more subtle except in the club, where you wouldn't expect to be able to hear yourself think.

Everyone I've talked to thinks they're annoying as fuck in general at any volume. RC3 had none of that.

As far as personal issues go, I don't have a personal issue with you, only a professional one. Regardless of whether or not it was on purpose you crashed us right before an event was going to start. Nobody wants to go to a server that seems like it can't handle the stress of having 15 people on it, even if that isn't the case. As long as this was a one time thing I don't have any real objection to you being reinstated.

Who unadded who?

Also, why are we fronting like the server is a super-computer? It can't handle the stress of a full server with everyone lobbing grenades and whatnaught. We were playing last night, the server started stuttering when we were engaging in high CPU-requiring activities, e.g. launching grenades, multiple sentries shooting, airstrike soldiers in mid-air unloading their clips, all of this at once. It can handle a full server with people talking and doing small activities, but it does stutter sometimes. It's not clientside, everyone in the lobby was getting it.

My mistake, we were playing multiple versions of the map, lost track of which one is which. One version has no build restrictions.

Everyone I've talked to thinks they're annoying as fuck in general at any volume. RC3 had none of that.

Who unadded who?

Also, why are we fronting like the server is a super-computer? It can't handle the stress of a full server with everyone lobbing grenades and whatnaught. We were playing last night, the server started stuttering when we were engaging in high CPU-requiring activities, e.g. launching grenades, multiple sentries shooting, airstrike soldiers in mid-air unloading their clips, all of this at once. It can handle a full server with people talking and doing small activities, but it does stutter sometimes. It's not clientside, everyone in the lobby was getting it.

One version doesn't have any clip brushes at all :P

Yeah, I was pretty ticked off after you told me to go fuck myself when I was trying to figure out what happened. Fine now.

It does kind of stutter when I put everyone in a kart and micspam, but we've gotten 25+ people in for events and were still stable.

I can put in my Jukebox idea, I'll detail that in some other post when I'm not watching Battleground

Yeah, I was pretty ticked off after you told me to go fuck myself when I was trying to figure out what happened. Fine now.

But senpai, I told you to unbunch your panties, not to go fuck yourself. :B1:

What exactly is the problem again? This post seems pointless considering that people are going to bad mouth each other and there is really nothing we can do about it other than let it be. People will have their opinions and these problems are probably temporary anyway. We should just try and enjoy our time on the server and not get ourselves washed up in these petty little problems about how this person thinks this about that person.