The Black Market.
Dr. Xeno Pootis

My own guide to TBM-like Gaming PCs

Tired of playing games below 30 FPS? Wish you could have ultra/high graphics? Fear no more, as these TBM-like (basically the color hue of Defeated Software) PCs will certainly meet your requirements. 

The $600 Barebones Gaming PC:

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($134.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $595.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-22 19:43 EST-0500

I'll be honest, this PC was actually quite difficult to pick out the parts. Sure I could've gone with a i3 CPU (comes with 4 cores, which is required for next gen), but however, are we willing to sacrifice the crazy overclocking performance of the G3258 for bloody 2 more cores? The G3258 CPU is a absolute monster when overclocked and will run the earliest next gen games (BF4 specifically) and will have similar performance to a i5 or maybe even a i7.

The Hyper 212 EVO cooler is the most awesome budget cooler I have ever seen. It allows the ability to overclock the CPU way more higher, while keeping the temps under 70c or so. (fucking 4.7 ghz are you kidding m8)

The mobo, I kind of gave up. Sure it has the color scheme I was going for, but its kinda overkill. whatevs mlg pro this son

The RAM, 8gb is fine and good to go.

Storage, 1TB is honestly enough and a SSD would be nice but with this tight budget, a HDD only would be fine.

The GPU, a 750 TI, is a great pair with a G3258. It runs BF4 at least 50-70 FPS range at medium-lowish settings.

The case, its pretty good for its price. Doesn't have a window to look at your hardware, but its just good.

PSU and optical drive, not much there.

Now, why did I forget a OS? Budget restraints. I'm sorry, but at least have a USB and a OS lying around so you can install the OS.

The $1000 Gaming PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($209.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $970.82

The CPU has been upgraded to a excellent overclocker, code name "Devil's Canyon" into the i5-4690k. Its a excellent CPU for its price and performs well in games.

The CPU cooler, kept same due to the matter of fact it is surprisingly good at cooling a i5-4690k as well.

The mobo, kept same as it is a Z97 board and its just good. Gosh.

The RAM, kept same. Pretty good.

In this build, a 128 gb SSD has been included, which is faster loading screens. Hooray! There's still a 1 TB HDD. Fuck you.

The GPU has now been upgraded to a GTX 960, with awesome performance in late last-gen games. Witcher 2. Watch Dogs? Metro: Last Light? I dunno. Throw some games at it. Look at some benchmarks. It'll at least keep +30 fps and above.

The case. Its actually not bad for its price, it has USB 3.0, a window (you might have to remove panel) and a classic PC look.

PSU, with 750 Watts. Some upgrade potential, to be honest. Plenty of headroom for overclocking the CPU and other "things".

Same optical drive.

No OS? Come the fuck on Pootis! Yeah, but you know what, fucking budget restraints.

The GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE FUTURE-RESISTANT $2100 PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($331.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($331.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($91.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($264.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2084.56

CPU, upgraded to a max performing i7-4790k. Also "Devil's Canyon" code name, the i7-4790k will certainly bring the best FPS performance in gaming. unless you count dem i7-5930k's and i7-5960x's, good lord.

The CPU cooler, has now been upgraded to a decent one. Its a bit pricey, but cools the i7-4790k efficiently because this CPU can run pretty hot.

The mobo looks the same right? Its good enough as it is. 

RAM, ah yes, 16 GB. Perfect if you stream, have music, and play games.

GPU. Dear god. GTX 970 STRIX sli. Extreme amount of performance. Also adds the requirement of a 144hz (1080p, 1440p) or a 4k monitor.

The case is noice. Has a nice window and just awesome. Has silence and cooling options for the case. I mean on the case. You can remove things. Switch around things. Did you know that?

A 256 GB ssd, a good one, has been added. Faster loading times! 3 TB of space, finally!

The same PSU. Still plenty of headroom.

Finally, there's a bloody OS! Windows 8.1! I know it might be sucky but its faster than windows 7. Unless you want Windows Vista, motherfucker.

Same optical drive. You're not watching blu ray on PC, right?

So, while these may be TBM-inspired gaming PCs, the three listed here are from my recommendations and knowledge. You can find some recommendations to modify these lists for better performance and what not. Oh yeah, I forgot the AMD versions of these PCs. However, I am a Intel/Nvidia fanboy. Deal with it. The reason for this post, is that I was inspired by Rand's dell venue 8 pro. I cried. I wanted to help others that want a good PC.

Nice builds!

The low budget is very nice, personally I always go mid range. The only personal changes I'd make to that build would be to get a cheaper case, ditch the optical, and get a larger SSD instead of a 2TB HD (I store all my media crap on a NAS unit).

Rock on!