The Black Market.
Sinch_Fett

Interest Check in Learning/Dabbling in Programming

Interest Check for Programming Tutorial App  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interest in a programming tutorial app to assist in learning various programming languages?

• Yes
    • No

Now, I know there is some interest in the community of members that wish to learn programming or are trying to learn programming but need some guidance.   This is simply me doing an interest check to see:

1.) Who is interested in learning programming?

2.) Who is interested in a sort  of app that would function as a basic tutorial to different programming basics, as well as some coding practices you won't find in schools (most high schools and universities)

This would be a custom app that would be geared toward tutorials that would attempt to instill programming knowledge into our community as well as give aspiring programmers a chance to ask questions on how to do different things within their own code as they went along.  The app would start out with the basics of programming in the various languages that I am fluent in, 1.) to show the differeneces in the languages and 2.) to allow different members in our community to learn the languages they please.  The app would continue to grow based on questions asked by community members, allowing it to become a more advanced guide complete with sample code and examples of what you can do with said code.

There would be several conditions with this project.

1.) Members of the Community Should not Spam Message my inbox with requests/questions  --- There would be a subforum dedicated to this

2.) Members of the Community - Yes could ask questions regarding homework etc, but should not under any circumstance expect us to get back to you immediately, or expect us to reply with an answer that gets you a perfect score on your homework -- different people have different coding styles some of which do not always match the standards/expectations of professors -- You are responsible for your homework and the grade you get, if you choose to accept our help/follow our tutorials that is your choice.

3.) Do not join mumble to ask questions in the event you were not instructed to do so on the forums - as many of the admins work full time jobs and we like to relax in our spare time as well

That being said, I have decided that I would offer my assistance in this form to help inspire members of the community to learn coding. For those of you interested, I will say the road to becoming good at programming is one based purely in logic, rules, and ambition.  If you feel you have a firm grasp on cause and event, choices and consequences, the workings of the butterfly effect, and understanding that every action indeed does have a consequence then you are on your way to understanding the basis of logic.  Additionally, if you feel you can follow rules, read instructions, remember step-by-step implementations, then you are one step closer to being able to abide by the rules of programming logic.  Finally, if you have the ambition to try to find a solution until your eyes bleed then you may just have the ambition required to be a good coder.  For some coding can be a fruitless, frustrating, pain in the ass process that they never master, but for coding is relaxing, a simple yet elegant place in time and space that I can be myself and let the magic flow from my finger tips to create projects with untold potential, and so with this I make this offer to the community.  If there is interest, I will create a programming tutorial that will grow based on the questions I receive from community members.  Will it take some time, absolutely, could it be a waste of my time in the long run, potentially, but if we are not willing to take that risk, we may never know if we have unkindled potential hiding within our midst.