The Black Market.
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Xeno Pootis

Bukkit Plugins Suggestions

It seems like there isn't enough plugins....

*RECOMMENED SERVER PLUGINS*

(1 NoCheat

This alerts you (admin or someone else) that someone is using a hack or mod cilent. Never again someone can be godmode, speedhack, or fly through the air without you knowing. Very effective if you start to see a flourish of random players coming in the server.

(2 Orebfuscator

This disables true "x-ray" for players that use it often/few times. Should've been in NoCheat, but it is recommended to be in the server. Diamonds, redstone, emeralds, and gold should be found naturally, not by cheating. This balances trading in the server.

*OPTIONAL, NON ESSENTIAL PLUGINS*

(1 Factions

Sure, someone out there playing in the server might be scared of PVP, but Factions can be a great cooperative war plugin. You can start a faction, gain followers, and claim land. There are also other factions people can make and declare a war to take your land. This is good for PVP and teams. Unfortunately, I don't think this plugin would be recommended to be in the server much.

Personally, I think all of these plugins would be a great idea to be in the server. Sometimes, not so much. So, if you got a plugin you want in the server, share it below this post. DO IT NOW.

If you decline all of these plugins, it's okay. Just a suggestion. - For admins and the owner

I feel like this is a great idea. I mean, the examples weren't necessarily what I'd like to see, but the idea of having a thread for plugin ideas is great.

I'm gonna pin this topic and see what ideas get thrown around. Anything that gets a lot of suggestions (and that I feel should be used) I will petition to be added.

Keep up the community involvement guys, these are the things we fuckin' love.

Good Morning Everyone,

For those of you who were unable to get on from 6/25/13 9PM MST to 6/26/13 6:30AM due to whitelisting, you should now be able to join back to the server.  We were in the process of setting up several plugins and a new permission structure and could not run the risk of griefing or miss use of permissions.  Some of you may also notice that you have been deopped, this is not because I do not feel you can be trusted but rather that I prefer a more permission based model of control for the server.  If you were approved to build in certain areas such as spawn and can no longer do so, please contact me either when I am online usually 9PM-11PM at a minimum or message me here on the forum.  Please remember, I will verify the truth of the statements regarding your access prior to granting your request back to these areas in order to prevent non-approved users from trying to "pull a fast one" to get more access.  The same thing goes for console commands.   Now, currently opped players, I would ask that you do not op anyone, rather if they are missing a permission, please pass that request on to me and I will get it taken care of.

We have several changes coming to the server especially for the survival mode that will require these changes in order to prevent unrestricted access to other players buildings etc.  Like swampy said, if you have requests for plugins, feel free to ask and if we feel they would be a valuable addition to our server, we will take your suggestions under advisement.

I think that there should be some sort of exp rewards system, i.e:50 levels and youd get a Iron helmet or something. I do realise the admins don't have a way of verifying your levels but im sure theres a plugin that displays a  persons level.

Xeno, we currently are using Mineconomy with all the new economy based plugins we are starting to implement -- please list what you see as benefits for the community as to why we should consider switching to iconomy?

Community Donator Menu ideas:

Modest - 15% off discount on shops, items to buy, property, and a cookie :D

Noble - 30% off discount on shops, items to buy, property, +10% exp bonus

Towering - 50% off discount on shops, items to buy, property, +20% exp bonus

Benefactor - 70% off discount on shops, items to buy, property, worldguard creations and house

Thank you for your suggestions Xeno, I will discuss this with the other admins and we will get back to you on whether these will be among the benefits we offer and whether we can easily do this through config files and permissions -- I do believe most of the plugins we have selected allow discounts for groups. -- in the benefactor line - I just need a clarification on the house -- do you mean you want us to build a house for you? or you want a plot within the town?  also by property do you mean you want your own development within the city? where you own property to develop and lease?

Thank you for your suggestions Xeno, I will discuss this with the other admins and we will get back to you on whether these will be among the benefits we offer and whether we can easily do this through config files and permissions -- I do believe most of the plugins we have selected allow discounts for groups. -- in the benefactor line - I just need a clarification on the house -- do you mean you want us to build a house for you? or you want a plot within the town?  also by property do you mean you want your own development within the city? where you own property to develop and lease?

I mean anti-destory proof the house. By property, I mean the lots and shops we buy in the town.

I mean anti-destory proof the house

You're asking us to give certain users the ability to essentially grief others' houses with guarding. I'm not certain we'll be able to implement this without any issues.

You're asking us to give certain users the ability to essentially grief others' houses with guarding. I'm not certain we'll be able to implement this without any issues.

Well, what I am trying to say is, benefactors get to have their house or building worldguarded BY admins only. Sorry, didn't mean that way around o_O

All lots within the city are protected by worldguard - do you mean preexisting lots in creative?

I mean both survival and creative, benefactor's building and house. 

For example:

I become benefactor

I get to have my creations (artland, arena, palace) worldguarded AND in survival, my house.

Pootis, I get what you're asking. And I understand. But, for the most part, the only staff on enough to be of use in this department is me, Sinch, Ricket, and Sweets.

I don't get along very well with Word Guard, and I don't know if Sweets knows how to use it. That leaves Sinch and Ricket to do all of it, and we're still trying to get everything together. The starting town is taking longer than we expected, and me and Sinch have opened up another project (that will remain unannounced for now). And for us to protect everything you build in survival and creative would take a lot of time. You alone have built a lot of things in creative.

I think the server ran out of ideas. We're good to go to release it.

No, we're really not. There's still shit behind the scenes we need to get done.

The server admins have definitely not run out of ideas - we simply had to go back to work as well after the forth of July weekend - I still have several plugin ideas to implement as well as keeping all the other plugins up-to-date with the release of 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and trying to make everything run as smoothly as possible for users, while maintaining permissions so that griefers have a harder time of destroying the projects we have been working on. When we are ready to go live, either Swampy or myself will update the forums with an official announcement.  Until that time, we appreciate your patience and suggest taking this time to gather resources, mine blocks, and survive as you normally would.