The Black Market.

Is this post helpful in calming down your anger towards the tf2 economy?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is this post helpful in calming down your anger towards the tf2 economy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, But maybe it lacks some minor details

I've been waiting two, or more, years for a Strange Enforcer and a Strange Shahanshah. They delivered unto me my precious Enforcer but gave us a Kukri. I'm not complaining though, I can finally get myself a Strange variant of the infamous "noob cannon", and the Kukri has been a long time coming.

The Anger is the most cliche item i ever seen.

Regardless of how common it is to see a sniper wear this, it isn't without good reason, the Anger is simply an aesthetically pleasing hat. I know it's all about personal taste in the end but I certainly won't refuse to wear it based on how common it is and through wanting to look more "exclusive".

On another note, could we please have just a few more Gibus wearing, Machina using, bodyshotting sniper F2P's in Team Fortress 2 please?

we need more like ultimate f2ps wearing robo-gibuses, robo-visions and the mercenary now that would be a sight to see

Regardless of how common it is to see a sniper wear this, it isn't without good reason, the Anger is simply an aesthetically pleasing hat. I know it's all about personal taste in the end but I certainly won't refuse to wear it based on how common it is and through wanting to look more "exclusive".

On another note, could we please have just a few more Gibus wearing, Machina using, bodyshotting sniper F2P's in Team Fortress 2 please?

I like the new hats.

It's the paying I don't like.

Other than that, this inflation has made it extremely challenging to do what I do best: Turn my povertous backpack full of nothing into one full of sub-par goodies I can turn a profit on.

The fact that keys are more than twice what they were 6 months ago makes it twice as hard to aquire them, making it three times as hard to get anything over a key, and making 4-5 key items rediculous! It used to be that every thursday you could luck out, get enough random weapons to throw together some refined, and buy a key. Now though, it takes close to a whole month unless you luck out and get multiple hat drops. Of course it doesn't help when one of the main ways I make money most of the time is to craft hats together and make better hats, but what seems to happen from time to time is that I keep crafting hats I just can't get rid of, making my 2.66 refined investment turn into 2-3 keys in hat that my covetous heart just won't let me sell. (I'm lookin' at you Merc's Muffler & Triad Trinket) It also doesn't help that the whole "People randomly giving me stuff" aspect of my TF2 time has slowed to a crawl and at times stops completely for a whole week. First world problems I guess. Anyway, this economy comes down to this: "OOH SHINY, IT MUST BE WORTH A LOT!" *Create vote on BP.TF* "I AGREE, SHINY MEANS EXPENSIVE RIGHT?!" *Says 93% of comments* *Shit jumps way the hell up for no friggin' reason* *I let out a sigh loud enough to be heard 3 blocks down the street and nearly break my nose face palming* And that's where it gets bad. Well guys, good luck out there, always make sure to triple check trades, don't be a douche, have fun.

As always,

90's

An Active Solution to an Idle Threat

Your time is valuable, and the fact that you choose to spend it on Team Fortress 2 is awesome. When we introduced the Item Drop System back in 2009, one of our goals was to reward you for spending your time with us.

heads_bybang.jpg

We recently made a change that helps ensure players are playing TF2, not just leaving their computers on in order to get item drops. As of last week, players can no longer receive item drops unless they are actively playing the game.

As with any update, this change is meant to keep the game as fair, fun, and rewarding to as many players as possible. We will continue to examine how the Item Drop System is used, and make any adjustments as needed to benefit the players.

Questions and Answers:

• What is the definition of “actively playing” Team Fortress 2?
    • From an item drop perspective, a player is considered to be actively playing if they meet all of the following criteria:
      • Is connected to a VAC secured server.
      • Is responding to in-game drop notifications while not utilizing external programs to do so.
      • Is running only one instance of the game.
      • Is not in textmode.
    • A player who meets all of those criteria is earning time towards random item drops (subject to the weekly cap).
  • Will I be VAC banned for not actively playing the game, also known as ‘idling’?
    • No, you will not be banned for just idling. You may be banned if you use external programs to circumvent idle detection. See VAC FAQ.
  • Will I lose my drops if I'm idling? Will it affect my weekly drop cap?
    • No, drops are not lost and the drop cap remains unaffected. Players will simply have their item drops paused. Item drops will return when normal play is resumed.
  • Why are you changing how the Item Drop System works?
    • This change is designed to make the TF2 experience equally rewarding for all players. The previous system had flaws that allowed players to collect rewards without actively playing TF2.
  • I don’t idle. How does this impact me?
    • The new system ensures you won’t become disadvantaged for playing TF2 the way you always have.