The Black Market.
Kaiza

Kaiza's Hide-and-Go Extravaganza

I'll be running a new game sporadically, on the Black Market, whereby I shrink myself myself down to 0.2 size and will hide somewhere on the map, and provide prizes to the first person, from either team, who is able to find me. Now, since the prizes will often be out of my own pocket, they'll only be small, such as a scrap or some other profit I may have made that day, but the point is that it'll be fun.

To make it fair, I'll only be hidden where I can be found be all players, casual, regular, donator, and admin alike. So I won't be hidden somewhere where only someone with noclip could find me. That said, I may hide myself on a lamp post, as an example, so long as I know I'm viewable from the ground.

EJMK7DM.jpg

I'll post in this thread specifically who the winner is, what their prize is, and who provided the prize, if say it was given by someone else, and provide a screenshot of the deed. I could be under a table, behind a medkit, even trapped tumbling around in a dryer...

Naturally I'll announce when a game has started, over the mic, after I've hidden myself somewhere.

you realise that people can just spectate you and tell others right? just super saiyan.....

Well Resin, you'll be pleased to know that we've started the game and it's been widely enjoyed. Dallan, we found a solution to that issue in that I frequently check the spectator list, and anyone who is on it, who hasn't just joined the server, is immediately disqualified. Of course I provide a warning before the game starts that anyone who wishes to participate ensure that they aren't in spectator mode when the game starts.

Today's game (04/10/2013):

Round 1

pxXUph5.jpg

0aHku1R.jpg

This was the first game. Here I was sat in the reception of the club next to a dated computer. You should have seen the number of people who ran past me, a few I thought might have seen me as they came back the other way, but no, they just continued to charge on looking for me. I was eventually found however, by a fellow crafty spy.

Winner: Cnagster68

Prize: The Black Box

Donator: Kaiza Killa

Round 2

OhenZje.jpg

Corporal upped the stakes this round by providing the option, to whomever might win, of either a craft hat, or 1.33 units of cold, hard, refined metal. I forgot to screenshot this one actually. We had two winners. The first, I was on the top surface of a wall of mail slots in the apartments around the soccer field. I was found by TheRoboEngineer but it was through Corporal, and to great humourous effect, trying out a fake achievement on me where the trophy was spotted. Since, this was not intended, we ran a rematch, where Captain Wub Wub found me on a showerhead in the pool. Corporal was kind enough to award both of them prizes.

Winner: Captain Wub Wub

Prize: The Hat with No Name

Donator: Corporal R. Prime

Winner: TheRoboEngineer

Prize: The Well-Rounded Rifleman

Donator: Corporal R. Prime

Round 3

sWShL2w.jpg

S3d4Jz5.jpg

The third, I was hidden on top of the light in the courtyard connecting the soccerfield, the cinema, and the diner. TheRoboEngineer even jumped into me at some point but just missed me by chance. I was knocked off a few times by a horde of zombies, that could somehow hit me up there, that 90s had spawned to terrorise the denizens of the Black Market. I was a bloodbath, and I enjoyed watching every moment of it. I was almost spotted a few times but finally had everyone in the courtyard looking for me after I'd provided the last tip and had been cloaking and decloaking to provide audio clues. Corporal found me by placing a sentry, a solution which we may remove as a means of finding me in future games to ensure we don't have engineer sentry spamming, et cetera. Since it's early days the victory was counted.

Winner: Corporal R. Prime

Prize: Soda Popper

Everyone had a lot of fun, and so did I, so I will be running one, or more, of these every time I'm on.

A few rounds were had spread over the weekend (06/10/2013-08/10/2013):

Round 1

GK84t63.jpg

hCD5U5O.jpg

Winner: Reboydwarnke

Prize: 0.11 refined

Round 2

U6XvEBO.jpg

mNTzrrQ.jpg

Winner: |Aries|

Prize: 0.11 refined

Round 3

6bWDULq.jpg

EQoaKBu.jpg

A fantastic round this was. Rubberband upped the stakes by providing a Connoisseur's Cap as the prize. Rubberband was also kind enough to keep an eye on the spectator list, and some chuckles were had as we both watched a few people look straight at me but not find me, that is until Ryuke's keen eyes spotted me in my crafty location.

Winner: Ryuke

Prize: Connoisseur's Cap

Donator: Rubberband

Today's game (11/10/2013):

Round 1

5Ra5rIP.jpg

I somehow missed the victory screenshot with this one but I was discovered by Carticular. A very good find indeed.

Winner: Carticular

Prize: Camera Beard

Round 2

pBTwKRT.jpg

mRHdlQ4.jpg

As you can see, we all had quite a good laugh about this one following the discovery, as most of the people in the picture had ran past me a few times. Hatrix, despite being the victor, had also done the same. This was a good spot.

Winner: Hatrix

Prize: Virtual Reality Headset

Round 3

yn3Z7Dk.jpg

1990's Television hid, and rather expertly, almost in plain sight. He was not tiny but instead made himself enourmous, and had himself perched behind the large vehicle, I think it's a train by memory, outside of the field in one of the alleys, with his head peering over the top of the train, and was found by Yeah Toast.

Winner: YEAH TOAST!

Prize: Wet Works

Round 4

w9M0gmO.jpg

pguDyE7.jpg

This was a fantastic round. A newcomer, MsTwinAshley, decided to provide the prize, and our very own 90's was the fortunate victor.

Winner: 1990's Television

Prize: Genuine Ham Shank

Donator: MsTwinAshley♥Mafia♥

Round 5

SimJr93.jpg

MsTwinAshley participated in this round as the person doing the hiding themselves. She nestled herself on top of one of the lights in an alley by the soccer field, like a bird of prey, but was inevitably discovered by Yeah Toast, who clearly has a talent for tracking people down in dark alleyways. I wonder if this skill is derived from first hand experience, am I right ladies? *hearty chuckle*

Winner: YEAH TOAST!

Prize: One refined

Donator: MsTwinAshley♥Mafia♥

I'm glad you like. Running this game has been enourmously rewarding. I've pretty much made the Hide-and-go-Extravaganza a permanent feature of the server <3

Last couple of rounds (pardon the lack of a date, they've been spread sporadically over a couple of weeks):

Round 1

8sLnVn3.jpg

dNUj7tB.jpg

Winner: RCPDragon

Prize: Genuine Stovepipe Sniper Shako

Round 2

4neQjSF.jpg

FO6IK8k.jpg

Winner: Jimmy Jewtron

Prize: Genuine Pilotka

The following screens only show about two games but in total there were six or so. However, they kept getting ruined by people trying to bypass the rules, and were using spectator to disqualify themselves but telling their friends where we were. A rather dishonest method but thankfully we saw through it. So, keep in mind, the point of the game is to have fun, and we want people to experience genuine satisfaction from playing the game, finding the person in hiding, and winning a prize. It doesn't just detract from the fun for others, but even for yourself, if you choose to cheat.

Rubberband and Brian #BMTH did the hiding in these instances.

Last couple of rounds (11/11/2013):

Round 1

bpaWJ8y.jpg

qDVUR27.jpg

Winner: Fullmetal Alchemist

Prize: The Wingstick

Round 2

eRTF9be.jpg

QCQtxm2.jpg

Winner: Uncle Beardo

Prize: Hetman's Headpiece